Friday, March 03, 2006

Night missions




This time around, I present a nine panel "comic book" if you will, an assignment for my sequential narrative class. It's a cool class, but this was the first time I really felt like I could do what I wanted. The task was to create a story wherein one character talks a lot, and the other(s) do not. Mine takes place in the twilight skies over Britain during WWII with the crew of a Northrop P-61 Black Widow, an American nighttime fighter-extraodinaire! Extremely large for it's class, the Black Widow specialized in hunting down German bombers that used the cover of dark to sneak deep within Allied airspace. It flew with a crew of three - pilot, gunner, and radio/radar operator who manned the self-contained radar unit, a feature unique among Commonwealth and American fighters. With four Browning machine guns in the dorsal mounted turret and two 20mm cannons in each wing, the P-61 packed enough of a punch to take down anything the Germans could fling across the channel.

It's probably fairly obvious I did a little research for this, couldn't be helped. I'm going to post these one or two at a time (work your way UP the page rather than down to get the right order), so you can see each frame up close. It'd be a shame if two sleepless nights produced images to small to see, now wouldn't it? Enjoy,

JT out.

No comments: