Sunday, April 09, 2006

Dreadlock Samurai



I had a project for my Think Tank class where we had to create a display that showcased the opinions of a person whose voice isn't normally heard in society (i.e. janitor, security guard, stripper, etc.). My group chose to work with a chef, who was also a friend of one of our groupmates. Really cool guy named Mark Lanoue, covered in tattoos with long dreads hangin from his noggin. For our display, each group member created their own portrait of Mark, and hung them all from a long canvas with a piece of graffitti Mark had drawn out on it. This is the portrait I did of him, done to make him look like a samurai in the traditional Japanese painting-style. His sketch book was full of Japanese themes, so I thought he'd be pleased if gave my version this type of treatment. Hope you like.

JT out.

No comments: